Thursday, August 21, 2008

bad news, sad news and amusing news

BAD NEWS

I did a major booboo at work. I sent an e-mail to over 600 clients saying that we're holding a seminar for free when in fact, we're charging Php1,250 per attendee. It was a miscommunication. I know I'm supposed to be good at communication but I lose it especially when I've heaps of concern that I need to attend to.

So tomorrow, the COO is going to meet with me and my boss. According to his secretary, he's terribly upset. I know I would be too! "WTF WERE YOU THINKING YENG?! FREE?!" Okay, so maybe he won't lose it like that but I'm still royally screwed. Oh well. It was MY mistake. And I'm sorry about it. Too bad sorry doesn't always make up for it, yeah?

This is actually the first time EVER that I wish I'm still working for the family. Because then, I can fuck up big time and the worst my auntie could do is tell my dad. Then I can just smile/pout (whichever works) at my dad and say, "she's too much!" (and he knows that she really is).

I really don't mean the previous paragraph, you know. I don't want to work for the family ever again. That even if I get it my way with the family - tardy everyday, do AWOL, come to work in flip-flops (HEAVEN! :P), and chat the day away on YM and MSN! I was a terrible "employee" but she was the worst "employer" so we're even. ;)

ZOMG wish me luck tomorrow. I badly need it.

---

ANOTHER BAD NEWS

One of our maids (and cook) is leaving. After 24 years of serving this family. Well actually, she's already left since almost a month ago. But we thought she's coming back as soon as she's able to attend to whatever pressing family issues they have back in their province. That's what we all thought. Until one of the maids (and her sister) said that she has no plan to go back anymore. I was astonished. It's going to be a very big problem for this house.

---

SAD NEWS

You know your child is a big little boy already when he doesn't want you to rock him to sleep anymore. :( Before he wouldn't sleep if I don't rock him to sleep while singing a lullaby. Now, I carry him and he wants to be put down! What he does is that he'll try to hug me while he puts himself to sleep but his little arms cannot reach me yet. So he makes sure his body touches mine to make it up to the "cannot hug you yet mum" problem.

I really dunno if this is a "sad" news. Giann's growing up, that's normal. And actually, that's good. But I guess, I'm just not yet ready to let him go, no matter how slowly the process goes.

---

SOMEWHAT AMUSING NEWS

I noticed that Giann's boxes of toys are neatly stacked in one place and so are our unused wedding gifts. So I asked Pau, "wow, who cleaned our room today? See how neat and proper everything looks now. I've always wanted to ask them to do that." And he didn't even look at me but he was like, "what? cleaned what? no one? I don't know." I was surprised, "wow you spend the WHOLE day inside this room and you don't even notice a single change in this room when it happens!" I think it's amusing how he cannot care like that. Or how unnoticeable everything is for him as long as they have nothing to do with his computer. Or maybe, I am just annoyingly observant. But I'm betting that's it's more because he's heavily fixated on his computer. :P He's not too bad though.

xoxo


No comments: