Tuesday, August 12, 2008

of dinners and 4D ultrasounds

Dear Pol, Gill & Hana,

I'm sorry I missed tonight's dinner. But it's a Tuesday night! Tuesdays nights are movie/DVD nights with Pau! Because as I've told you, every Tuesday (well, MOST Tuesdays) is WoW maintenance day. All servers are down ergo I have Pau's attention all to myself. :P And you know we all need attention, yeah Hana? ;)

So next time. :) Which means Pol, treat us again next time OMG!!! :P

Love,
the not so Dora Dora Dora the Explorer (ay ay!) anymore

---

One thing I like about provincial buses are the TVs. Makes the looong way home a bit bearable and semi-entertaining (because it actually isn't when Gaano Kadalas ang Minsan is running, yeah Ivor? :P). On my way home tonight the TV was tuned in to this TV show "Moms" and they were featuring 4D ultrasound! And I was transported back to the day when I was 8 months pregnant with Giann - I was with Pau inside St. Luke's Women's Healthcare Center, waiting for the nurse to finally announce "Ambayec, Ann Millaine" so I can finally see the little boy inside my tummy on 4D! And then finally my turn came, I nervously laid down on the cold bed, put my preggy shorts down, and actually felt like fainting when the device (whatever they scientifically call it) started roaming my naked tummy. "Mommy, nakatakip po yung kamay ni baby sa face nya." I swear my heartbeat almost stopped. "Ha? bakit? Okay lang ba siya?" "Opo, pero nakatakip po yung kamay niya sa mukha niya so hindi natin sha ma44D..." I looked at the monitor and I saw half of the face of the most handsome little guy ever! One doctor suggested, "Mommy kumain po muna kayo, something sweet or take very little caffeine to stimulate the baby. Baka gumalaw sha. Balik kayo after an hour."

So Pau and I went straight to Burger King. I had their Hershey's pie whatever and sipped Coke for the first time after 8 months! I also held my tummy the entire time and talked to Giann, "baby, show yourself to mommy please. This will be your first photo ever, don't be shy!"

After an hour of "stimulating" Giann, we came back to see if Giann's moved already but nope, he hasn't. Well, he did. But he just switched positions. His hand was still blocking his cute face! So finally the doctor said, "Mommy, mukhang ayaw talaga ni baby magpakita, next time na lang po."

I came out of the ultrasound room with tears streaming down my face. I was crying like hell. I couldn't speak, I just kept on crying. I was disappointed. Until Pau said, "okay lang yun, at least alam natin na normal si Giann. Wala shang complications at healthy siya db?"

Then I realised how much of a bitch I was. Pau's right. It didn't matter if we weren't able to capture Giann on 4D when he was still inside my tummy. All that matters is that he's healthy and that we're having him in a month's time!

I admit I still didn't stop crying until we got home. But after that night I came to appreciate the little boy inside my tummy more (if that's still possible because I love him more than myself).

Until now, in most days, Giann is still the same snub as he was when he was still inside my tummy. Haha. Let's blame his Y-chromosome for that. :P

xoxo

No comments: