Tuesday, August 12, 2008

don't mess with the world :)

I really should be sleeping but I couldn't. I have terrible colds, cough and my throat hurts like shit.

Another reason is we just finished watching You Don't Mess with the Zohan on DVD. And yes it's pirated, what are you thinking? :P The movie is funny, as expected. It's not an A-list movie. It's not wow. I think it's a satirical commentary more than anything.

What does it have to say?

The terrorists are not really who you think they are. Sure they could be Arabs, Muslims, Palestinians, Lebanese, Israelis, even Filipinos. But most of the time, it is just who you hail as "hero." And sometimes, this "saviour" is the REAL reason for war and terrorism. And most of the time, they trick everyone into believing there's a need for war to fight "terrorism" but really to sneak their hidden agenda just when the entire world is panicking and in chaos. And that to fight the REAL terrorist, we should take a stand TOGETHER, to fight on one side for one cause.

Ah Adam Sandler you're a funny dude (at least Pau thinks so because honestly, I don't care about you). And you're a friggin genius (in as far as this political satire is concerned that is).

Although you end the story in such an ironic manner. To show peace and brotherhood by building a "community" mall, the icon of capitalism. Please read more Pop Culture books. And more friggin Mariah friggin Carey, please. Yeah I don't like her.

P.S. You can blame my Film Criticism professor in college and Pop Culture professor in Master's Degree for what I've just written. Then again, not really. ;) And of course I am biased. :P

xoxo

No comments: