Friday, April 25, 2008

conversations

I was in a cab on my way to Rockwell for a meeting when heavy rain poured. It was so heavy it's like they're screaming as they touch the windshield. I was irate. I never liked rains. They're too melancholic and they make me lethargic AND they soil my shoes. But this conversation transpired:

driver: ang lakas ng ulan ah...
me: oo nga eh.
*the driver then looked around and seemed like saw something that amazed him*
driver: tuwang-tuwa ang mga puno!

His comment made me look outside the window and observed the trees for good minutes. And for some reason, I agree with him. The trees really did look happy. And it made me smile.

The rain isn't so bad after all. :)

---

Tonight's the first time I'm going to miss a get together with my (boy) friends. I have 5 reasons:

1. Giann :)
2. I'm down with bad colds and sore throat.
3. It has been a really long week for me at work you'd think I'd be thrilled to celebrate the weekend but not really. Not that kind of celebration anyways.
4. I just don't feel like going out, watch them drink and hear all these WoW talks (until the wee hours) as if I haven't had enough of it.
5. I just want to stay at home, really.

Man I am so getting old! I'm starting to tone down. Not a bad thing, yeah? ;)

---

My friends when they learnt I'm heading home and not joining them for the night, whined.

Me: I have a baby to attend to! *points at Pau* He does not have one!

That made them laugh.

Reality's amusing, amazing and annoying all at the same time.

xoxo

No comments: