Monday, January 19, 2009

the Old, the New, the Beautiful and the Ugly

I’ve totally forgotten how sloooow the computers at The Firm are. Like they’re terribly, horribly, godawfully slow. I remember TRYING to do layouts using them. Man, the agony. And now, I’m back to using my old PC. It is still how I left it. Even the calendar I taped on top of the monitor has not been removed. So that was the first thing I did when I arrived. I changed calendars! I am now using Ivor’s masterpiece of a calendar. :-) It was just like a week ago when he was cramming to do its layout and now, everyone’s using them already! Good job, good job!

My desk is still the same. Not a single thing has been removed. Even my scratch papers are still here! My drawers are still intact as well. My notebooks, tapes, and even my pink stapler are all at their rightful places. It felt like home. Sans the comfort.

So what has changed? My desk is so dusty. Like it’s never been cleaned since I’ve left. Gill’s ‘kalat’ are all over the place. :P Haha. My drawers aren’t as organised as they were because Gill cluttered some of her ‘kalat’ in them. Yes, clutter and kalat in one sentence! Which means Gillian, you’re really that ‘kalat’! :P

Another thing that has not changed about this building is that it still smells of paint and thinner. And they smell annoyingly awful and strong. That even if I cover my nose with thick cloth, the smell still makes its way to my nostrils, making me nauseous. THAT BAD.

But other than that, my first day back at The Firm was breezy. I spent lunch with Gill, HV and Ivor – just like old times. Only, a lot has already changed.

It would be too much of a wishful thinking if I say I wish it would be like this every day for a month. I know for a fact that it won’t be. Markets ain’t Markets without the stress. But let’s take it one day at a time.

xoxo

No comments: