Monday, December 10, 2007

shopping

Whoever said the Philippines is in poverty must've not been in our shopping centers during the holidays! God Glorietta was like in its Midnight Madness Sale gimmick back when it was still the coolest mall in the country. It's like it has never been bombed. I was making my way through the shopping-hungry animals of the jungle that is Glorietta and I can't help but shake my head as I realize what was really happening. We're a third world country extravagantly and luxuriously spending like a first world! thankyousomuch POP CULTURE. And SM is even worse! It was beyond jam packed. I can't think of a word that would come close to how it was like. And it's not even a payday! There was no ongoing sale or whatsoever. I guess it was just pure human nature's love for spending, really. SM was beyond bustling with people that the guard had to control the traffic in the escalators. It was crazy!

But my trip to Glorietta/SM wasn't at all that bad. One thing I absolutely love about Christmas shopping (or window shopping) is looking at the colourful, very Christmas-y boutiques and stalls. I love how festive we celebrate Christmas and how we take time to really fill our stores, homes, stalls, etc. with decors and lights! Every corner of each and every corner I passed was beaming with Christmas lights. And Santa seems to be everywhere! Heh. I enjoyed humming to the Christmas songs playing. And now that I've thought about it, I actually had fun! ;)

My favourite part? Here:




*giggles*

---

Oh here's the link to Kaji's 7th birthday photos! ;) I'm too lazy to post them all here. :P

But here's my favourite photo from the party. Well, one of the many! :P

me darling! ♥

Good nightee everyone! :)

xoxo

No comments: