Tuesday, December 4, 2007

the chosen ones

The one and only reason why Giann isn't baptised yet is because Pau cannot tell his mum that we've decided for Giann to be a Catholic. Well for now at least. Because Pau's insisting he'd be an Iglesia ni Cristo as soon as he understands the concept of religion and has the moral judgment to choose for himself. He cannot be an Iglesia ni Cristo yet because for one, I'm a Catholic and if I remember right, they have this 'one-must-choose-his-religion-it-shouldn't-be-implied-on-him' thing going. You'd think it's neat yeah. But I cannot imagine my son to not have a religion until he's like what? Thirteen?

Seriously, I cannot understand why religion is such a big issue. I mean, we can name and rename our faith however and whenever we want to, we can give God different name, worship Him one million and one ways but those will never change the fact that there is just ONE God. I'm sure some people will try to be a smart ass and say, "but don't Catholics have this Holy Trinity?" For sure we do! But they're one and the same. If you can't grasp that then you're not cool. Haha. Kidding. But I am not a strict Catholic devotee ergo I cannot fully explain how did that happen. So yeah, go find a priest and ask him. ;)

See, I am bound to join Iglesia ni Cristo. I have to or else Pau will be removed from his precious religion. And I wouldn't want that to happen because I know that will devastate Pau. If there's one thing I TOTALLY hate about Iglesia ni Cristo it is their idea that they are THE chosen ones, screw the gazillion other religious groups! I mean come on, be more of an elitist! I promised Pau I'd be "one of them" yeah, but I also told him that I won't stay. I'd just join for "formality's sake" for him to be able to say "oi my wife joined us you cannot remove me!" What do you know maybe I'll take you people to our uber cool, uber elite rocket ship when judgment day comes! :P Haha. Why am I not gonna stay with Iglesia ni Cristo despite the rocket ship promise? God how can I ever think that my benevolent and selfless parents, loving siblings and beautiful friends will be burnt in hell because they did not choose to join Iglesia ni Cristo? I am sorry but I don't think I can EVER be that selfish. I can be selfish about many things but NEVER that. I also don't like the fact that they are obliging people to give donations (or whatever they choose to call it) and to attend church. Of course worshiping is an obligation, some would say. But I'd rather WANT to worship than go to church because I'm obliged to or because if I don't I can expect the leaders of my religion to visit me in the house the next day and I'd have to explain myself. I mean how many excuses one must invent yeah? See, I believe there are unlimited ways of loving and praising God. Going to church is just one of them. The day I moved in at Pau's is the very same day I stopped going to church. I just don't want to go to their church period. The last I've been there, I fell asleep. Seriously! And I don't think his mum would appreciate me attending catholic church so I'd rather not go at all. As I said, we can praise, love and worship God gazillion other ways.

Don't get me wrong. I don't absolutely hate Iglesia ni Cristo. Just that I cannot understand why it has to believe that they are the only ones to be saved. Just because the bible termed "the chosen ones" Iglesia ni Cristo? Migawd be more literal please! Heh. This is what I believe: Church of God could be anyone, even everyone if you'd think about it. I believe everyone who believes in God and doesn't do harm to himself and to others will be "saved", whatever it is we need saving from. Because I also believe in a happy God. And a happy God won't punish his people, really. :) We will all go to heaven or be with Him if we desire. As I said, I'm not a strict Catholic devotee, I am not hailing Catholicism as the perfect religion. I admit there are some Catholic beliefs and rituals that I question and to some extent, despise. But I'm a proud Catholic girl. How glad I am that we don't degrade other religious groups nor we fight and bad mouth other people's beliefs. We're not taught that by our church. If any Catholic does that, it is his own personal belief. Same as these are my opinions, I don't really give a damn whether you agree or not. Go make your own blog and publish your own views. :P

Oh but I love some things about Iglesia too! One is how they dress properly and appropriately for worship. I also like their strict rules on time. They close gates 5 minutes before worship. No one should be late! The best thing I love about Iglesia ni Cristo is that Pau belongs to it. :) Pau is one of the few good men I know. For that fact alone, I must say Iglesia must be doing something right after all. ;)

But yeah, I love (and hate) Catholocism so I'm sticking to it! I just hope Giann gets baptised soon.

Believe me when I say that my one ultimate wish would have to be world peace. Cause then religious conflicts and differences have no place.

xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. this is like ur 1000th blog yeng? hehehe.

I remembered the old days when I read this entry. My sister used to be Iglesia ni Cristo and she went to the same kapilya with Pau and his family. It was weird because she forced me to come with her one time and so I did. That was the first and the last time I actually went, and even though she harassed me a gazillion times to join the religion, I didn't. There's just many things I didn't like about it. Plus, I'm not really an avid church goer. religion shouldn't be an issue right? And that's good that you guys decided to baptize Giann as Catholic, then later on he can choose what he wants to be, once he understands what this is all about.

by the way, how's motherhood?

Dean said...

In all honesty, religion is a big deal, and if you carefully study the Bible, you'd find out why. Sure, on the surface, religion does seem to be out of the question, but when you really begin to study the issue, you'll find out the world of difference it makes.

And I also think it would be unfair to make those criticisms about the Church's belief that it is God's sole church. If you ask an authority of the Church, he'd be more than happy to provide you with verses supporting the claim.

As you could guess, I am an INC.

http://qwertyconfessions.co.nr