Monday, February 25, 2008

in memory of

I've had a pair of Havaianas even before they became a "hit" here in the Philippines. And god was I so proud when only a few weeks after my friends and I started strutting around the campus every Saturday wearing our stylish, comfy Havaianas, more "kulasas" started wearing them too! Screw Ms. Manila and her "no-slippers-inside-the-campus" policy. :P

My first pair was a Floral Bubblegum. I got them a week after I saw 99.5 HitFM's (DWRT then) Special Projects Director wearing a pair of the Light Blue ones. She's so much of a fashionista so she's like always ahead of everyone when it comes to "what's in." But anyways, that wasn't the reason why I bought a pair. After all, there can only be one Cheska in the group, right Nhe? :P I bought a pair because they looked so comfy! And I'm really a flip-flops girl! I wear flip-flops anywhere! Screw dress (or in this case, shoes) codes! :P But sadly, I lost that first pair a couple of years ago when I was swimming at the gorgeous beaches of Bohol. Lost it when they stopped making those designs. Sobs. But it was good 2 years with that pair, really.

And now. My second pair. A Chocolate Brown Top Havaianas.


(took photos straight from the shower)

I was in the shower and it came loose. :( Few minutes before I was just admiring how it looked perfectly on my feet, how much it complimented my skin tone (and my pussy red nail polish too!). Then just like that, without warning - it came off.

I rushed to the room with my poor broken Havaianas and showed it to Pau: "look what happened! This is my second pair! I've had this for years, I cannot even remember when!" I swear I almost cried! He offered his sympathy and was like, "why are you wearing it in the shower anyways? It can only handle the pressure of the water for so long! Or maybe, it's just that old."

Oh poor old Chocolate Brown Top Havaianas. I wear him EVERY DAY. It was my bedroom, living room, garage, shower, whatever-room, all-around slippers. :( I regret I stopped taking him to the shopping centre or anywhere fancy. I didn't know his time would be this short! Huhu.

My dear friend I'll miss you. Sure I can buy a new pair. Pau even promised he'd buy me a new one. But your comfort is one of a kind. :(

R.I.P. my most loved Chocolate Brown Top Havaianas. Sometime in 2004-February 25, 2008.

2 down, 2 to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! i also got that same feeling when my first hav went kaput.. i really wanted to cry.. di ba nga i texted you pa kung may warranty yung havaianas?.. silly me.. hahaha! i was really in shock back then.. at itinago ko pa yun kasi sabi ko bibili ako ng mighty bond and didikit ko kasi ayaw ko talagang itapon.. but alas, sonny found my pair and threw them anyway.. yung hav ko ngayon, parang nde ko siya feel.. yeah, comfy siya and all, but nothing really compares to my first one.. siguro dahil nde pink yung nasa akin ngayon.. haha!

and speaking of cheska, i added her on friendster kaso nde pa nya in-accept request ko.. ayaw niya yata.. hahaha!

Super Little Mum said...

haha ako din tinago ko yung sakin! kahit yung kaputol nung floral ko na nawala sa Bohol. :P ako naman, ayaw ko idikit ng mighty bond kasi sabi ko nga kay pau "it's like taking its essence and beauty away.." made pau shake his head haha.

and speaking of cheska, hindi sha palagi nagchecheck ng friendster niya. i think. also, i invited her for coffee pero she declined kasi papacheck up daw niya baby niya, may pneumonia daw.

Nhe said...

ah talaga?.. wawa naman baby nya.. anyway, in-add na niya pala ako.. nakita ko pic ng baby girl nya, kamukha ni earl.. hehe..