Sunday, January 27, 2008

the wind beneath my wings. :)

The first time I learnt that Ate's getting married, (that was like 3 years ago, if I remember correctly) I cried the shit out of me. Prolly because of how I heard the news. Or more like over-heard it. When I heard dad said, "so kelan kayo magpapakasal?" to Kuya over YM voice, I stormed inside the room, with tears flooding down my cheeks and wailed at Ate, "magpapakasal ka na pala!" then went on howling. My crying prolly caught her by surprise because after all, it did surprise ME.

After releasing what seemed like barrels of tears and after enormous reassurances from dad, I became thoughtful for the moment. I asked myself why I was being negative about Ate's wedding. Why in the world would I feel sad over Ate's most special day thus far? My mind did an automatic rewind of the many years I've spent with Ate - from the day she taught me how to walk from the times she'd confront the bitches who have lots to say about me from our petty and big fights! She was there through it all - happiness, glory, shits, craps and all. And I was afraid that her getting married would put a halt to those memories. That Kuya might take her away from us - away from me. But she's my only Ate! The one who's seen the BEST and the WORST in me but loves and accepts me nonetheless. In my heart then I didn't want her to marry because I equated marriage with goodbye. I didn't tell her these, but now she knows. Hehe. I didn't want you to marry Ate, because you're my only Ate and I didn't want you to build a life without me. Because you've been (and still are) one of the biggest parts of my 23 years of existence.

But then of course she got married. I didn't stop her civil wedding. I am not an evil sister. I didn't even cry, mind you. Hehe. I have accepted that people move on. And that eventually, I will- in some way - lose the people I love.

But. I didn't really lose Ate. She now has a husband and has moved in another country. But she's still very much present in our (my) lives. With a bonus because I now have a Kuya. :) I don't get to see Ate as often as I used to back when we're still living under one house (and during then we love and hate each other! But we mostly love each other now :P) but she makes it a point to be there. To let us (me) know that she's still our Ate. She's still a Taylan. She's still the same old mataray-with-skills-of-a-man Ate Mich we've loved, and sometimes, hate. :P Not hate in its truest sense though. ;)

In 6 days Ate and Kuya are having their church wedding. It's the grandest wedding of the year, I'm telling you! :) And I am her maid-of-honour. I am honoured and proud because she considers me as her best friend. I'm sorry Mau and Nhe but Ate is my 'most' best girl friend too. :) And when I marry in the church, she'll be my maid-of-honour as well.

The blushing bride-to-be fitting her equally lovely gown :)

I love you, Ate! And I wish you the grandest wedding of all time. ;) But I cannot promise not to cry. :P Haha.

xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dapat matron of honor ka na kasi married ka na rin eh.. hehe!.. ganun talaga, siguro kung may ate din ako, siya rin iyong pinaka-bestfriend ko.. post kang pics ng wedding ha.. luvyah!

Super Little Mum said...

yeah matron of honour nga ata. haha. pero ewan ko kung ano nakalagay sa invitation. :P check ko! pero oo nga, ate said matron na pag married na. and shempre post ako wedding photos. :) i love you too Baneneng! mwah!

♥ Mitsikoy ♥ said...

Yeng! What can I say?! Wala. Hehe! But I have this feeling na alam mo na na may speech ang best man and MOH (that's you!) sa program.. kaya ayan, may piece ka na agad at babasahin mo na lang. Hehehe! Pero na-touched tlaga ako *teary eyes*. Basta always remember that I am always here for you & baby G. I am just a txt away kahit nasan pa ko. I LOVE YOU YENG!!! You will always be our fave ditse & baby G will always be our fave piglet... hehehe! Mwah! ♥ ♥ ♥

Ps. Sana magkasya na sayu yung gown mo... hehehe!

Super Little Mum said...

hahaha :P wala na din ako masabi, nasabi ko na sa post eh :P

i love you. <3