Tuesday, January 1, 2008

happy new me!

Around 1:30 AM today I received this message:

"Happy new year Yeng. Though you may not be happy to hear from me. Please say the same for Mau and Nhe. Thanks. -Cheka."

For a moment there I was dumbfounded. Then without second thought I hit reply:

"ZOMG Cheska! Happy new year! I am happy to hear from you, really. Whatever happened before doesn't matter anymore. It's in the past. I hope you're alright."

And I was happy about it. :) I guess I won't be bashing bash me 3 for a long time! Hahaha.

---

It was my first ever New Year here at Pau's. It was fun because for the longest period of time, my new year has been diminished to watching (super duper amazing) fireworks display from the 11th floor of our condominium. So being in a neighbourhood where children as young as 7 know how to light a firecracker is alien to me! We had our early media noche at Pau's lola's house because I wanted to be home by 12 midnight to be with my sleeping beauty boy. :P It was great to be surrounded by over 10 familiar faces while watching the fireworks. Cause before it has always been my immediate family that I get to spend the new year's eve with. Not that it's a bad thing. Just that, it's nice to celebrate new year's eve in a different way, with different people. :) But still, I missed our little condo last night. I missed the grand display of fireworks. I missed mama's money-throwing "pamahiin" and beating shobe, ate and EJ to it! Hehe. I missed mama's "pamahiin" (yet again! yes she has a lot! :P) of hanging 7 pieces of grapes in each and every door in our house. I missed our little table filled with 8 kinds of rounded fruits and chocolates even! But then again as I said, it's good to experience "different" once in awhile. Sure we didn't have expensive, amazing fireworks display here in Laguna and all this neighbourhood had were lusis, fountain, watusi, whistle bomb, sinturon ni lolo and those little triangle (whose name escapes me) but it still was a celebration definitely worth remembering. After all, it was my first new year's eve with Pau and Giann. ;)

Happy 2008 everyone! ♥

Love, Peace and Happiness,
Yeng

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! how's cheska na kaya?.. hmmm..

Super Little Mum said...

haha she's doing good. and contrary to popular belief, she's actually proud of her 2 kids! sinabi niya sakin without me asking about it eh. girl and boy daw. so si arabella vittoria and boy yung sumunod sa kanya. di ko lang sure ilang months na yung baby boy. sabi ko sa kanya get together tayo eh! :P that would eb fuuuuun! hehe.

Anonymous said...

hehe.. pumayag naman ba siya?.. eh si mau, sumama naman kaya?.. hehehe.. naalala ko tuloy nung nag-roadtrip tayo all the way to angeles.. hehe..

Super Little Mum said...

sasama yun si mau! babrasuhin ko! :P haha. hindi nagreact si cheska nung sinabi kong kita-kits tayo! hehe. well actually nung sinabi ko kasi yun parang patapos na conversation (texting) namin kasi nagbabye na ko kasi antok na ko lol. ANGELES TRIP hahaha. the things we do for love! :P or not. haha.